Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

Should we re vote on 2016 DM bikes

No
3 (37.5%)
Yes
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Should we re vote on 2016 DM bikes  (Read 6347 times)

John_Trombley

• View Profile
Should we re vote on 2016 DM bikes
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:36:14 PM »
I think so, Yellow is too much imo

Grant

• Motocross Admin
  • Super Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Should we re vote on 2016 DM bikes
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 12:16:10 AM »
That vote was a revote. Kawi won fair and square, and it is what DM will be using for 2016 SX. Besides we are already preparing the packs to be released soon.

mototank14

• Motocross Admin
  • Super Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 01:50:55 AM »
technically that revote was to get only people from the dm team voting b/c we had too many votes.

PhilAbney97

• Motocross Admin
  • Spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 01:55:16 AM »
in my honest opinion, grant, and with all due respect. if your riding the 305 edits bike, why does it matter to you? I'm not being a dick here, I just don't know how to make it sound like I'm not. is the guys actually riding the DM bikes want to re-vote, then we should.

I voted yes, reason why I chose this is because I'm not a fan of either Kawi designs I've seen. BUT, I'm not just bitching about the design, I went ahead and actually created something that others including myself think is a unique concept, I'm not saying its better in everyone's eyes, but it is on mine. It is back on the "oh boy here we go again" Honda. if you want, or need to "approve" of our bikes, which I wouldn't see why, I'll post a gyazo in here.

V/r
Phil

EDIT: Also, the kawi didn't win fare and square. I voted Honda with a secondary vote to being Yamaha. but you, again not trying to be an asshole, who wont ride Dm bikes made the Admin decision that that was not allowed. IF you have a say in the DM bikes, then ride the Dm bike. If you want to ride 305 Edits bikes, which is cool, then I say you have absolutely ZERO input on what Dm rides.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:00:40 AM by PhilAbney97 »
HECKMAN LOVES DUCKMEAT!!!!
HECKMAN LOVES DUCKSAUSAGE!!!!
HECKMAN LOVES DUCKJERKY!!!!

PhilAbney97

• Motocross Admin
  • Spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 02:18:46 AM »

mototank14

• Motocross Admin
  • Super Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 02:28:48 AM »
@Phil the Kawi won period, whether or not that vote seemed fair to you.

Grant

• Motocross Admin
  • Super Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 03:01:24 AM »
in my honest opinion, grant, and with all due respect. if your riding the 305 edits bike, why does it matter to you? I'm not being a dick here, I just don't know how to make it sound like I'm not. is the guys actually riding the DM bikes want to re-vote, then we should.

I voted yes, reason why I chose this is because I'm not a fan of either Kawi designs I've seen. BUT, I'm not just bitching about the design, I went ahead and actually created something that others including myself think is a unique concept, I'm not saying its better in everyone's eyes, but it is on mine. It is back on the "oh boy here we go again" Honda. if you want, or need to "approve" of our bikes, which I wouldn't see why, I'll post a gyazo in here.

V/r
Phil

EDIT: Also, the kawi didn't win fare and square. I voted Honda with a secondary vote to being Yamaha. but you, again not trying to be an asshole, who wont ride Dm bikes made the Admin decision that that was not allowed. IF you have a say in the DM bikes, then ride the Dm bike. If you want to ride 305 Edits bikes, which is cool, then I say you have absolutely ZERO input on what Dm rides.

I'm a DM admin who helps do the gear and bikes. A revote at this point would be a huge inconvenience in terms of getting packs together in a timely manner. Besides the Kawi did win fair and square lol, I didn't make any admin decision regarding whether your secondary vote would count or not. So I am not sure where you got that info. And that's fine that you don't think I shouldn't be involved at all. Cool beans. But unless Stallion and Jeff tell me they don't want me to help, I'll help.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:06:19 AM by Grant »

PhilAbney97

• Motocross Admin
  • Spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 03:18:23 AM »
I'm at no where saying you can't help. that's your own prerogative, what I'm saying is that the DM bike decision shouldn't be any of your say. If your a DM Sim admin or not, that means absolutely nothing. Admin doesn't mean anything other than you've been given the responsibility to moderate Servers and races. Admin doesn't mean anything for a bike, especially one you don't ride.

You've gotten your panties wadded it seems, quit acting like I'm attacking you, I'm giving honest no bullshit feedback. I'm not all "PC" like you guys are so I'm not scared to call someone out.

But look, I put my bike gyazo in this thread. I honestly couldn't give a shit anymore, you guys are stuck in a mindset. your hardheaded, like me. So i'm gonna step down, and let you "the Admin" do what you do best. If you need help with making packs and stuff, let me know. I'm new to photoshop but i'm learning pretty quickly and can be of assistance.

Sincerely,
Phil

Grant

• Motocross Admin
  • Super Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 03:29:29 AM »
I'm at no where saying you can't help. that's your own prerogative, what I'm saying is that the DM bike decision shouldn't be any of your say. If your a DM Sim admin or not, that means absolutely nothing. Admin doesn't mean anything other than you've been given the responsibility to moderate Servers and races. Admin doesn't mean anything for a bike, especially one you don't ride.

You've gotten your panties wadded it seems, quit acting like I'm attacking you, I'm giving honest no bullshit feedback. I'm not all "PC" like you guys are so I'm not scared to call someone out.

But look, I put my bike gyazo in this thread. I honestly couldn't give a shit anymore, you guys are stuck in a mindset. your hardheaded, like me. So i'm gonna step down, and let you "the Admin" do what you do best. If you need help with making packs and stuff, let me know. I'm new to photoshop but i'm learning pretty quickly and can be of assistance.

Sincerely,
Phil

I actually was just trying to respond in a civil manner. But it seems like your panties have become quite wadded as well. The thing I'm missing here is how you think I'm influencing the DM bike decision somehow. The Kawi won. I didn't make any decisions regarding it that couldn't be overridden by someone or that wasn't discussed with someone else on the admin team. Specifically Jeff and Stallion. I said there won't be a revote not because I'm partial to a certain bike but because it's simply too late to all the sudden uproot and pick a whole new bike again. If Stallion and Jeff wanted to, they could override my call and there would be a revote. And at that point we'd just have to do everything in a very quick manner. Goodness me.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:36:01 AM by Grant »

John_Trombley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 01:38:54 PM »
My title of this topic was misleading sorry, I meant if we can re vote on the skin for the kawi.  Moto has been working on a Kawi that replaces the yellow with red/ black and white and makes the bike look way more aggressive . Is there any way that this version can make it into the pack as well?

Grant

• Motocross Admin
  • Super Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »
My title of this topic was misleading sorry, I meant if we can re vote on the skin for the kawi.  Moto has been working on a Kawi that replaces the yellow with red/ black and white and makes the bike look way more aggressive . Is there any way that this version can make it into the pack as well?

Oh, actually what Moto and I have discussed is the DM series pack for those with 2 digit bikes will be Xenuh's original design. And then the rF pack with the 3 digit bikes (the pack yours will be in) will be Moto's modified design aka the red/black one.

StallionFire

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • How You Doin?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
I can see all the points made here.  I will discuss this with Grant and Mototank.  I do see all sides of the story here.  One side is the Kawi bike vote won and it should stay as is.  Some say that the Red Black edit that Mototank made is more appealing that the yellow one.  Another angle is that some people who voted for the Kawi are not on the team any longer and some just are not going to race.  Not all of this was written in this thread, some of it was spoken out on TeamSpeak. 

I will get with the admins and have a discussion on the topic and we will see if we keep it as is or if we decide that a public team revote or private admin vote is in order.

John_Trombley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 01:59:43 PM »

Oh, actually what Moto and I have discussed is the DM series pack for those with 2 digit bikes will be Xenuh's original design. And then the rF pack with the 3 digit bikes (the pack yours will be in) will be Moto's modified design aka the red/black one.

I like that idea!

BigFluffyChiken

• Motocross Admin
  • Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 05:51:21 PM »

I like that idea!

same