Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Whats in a Name  (Read 10790 times)

WebRat

• Administrator
  • Spammer
    • View Profile
Whats in a Name
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:01:30 PM »
The name is Web Rat, not Wee Brat. I got the name from being a Web offset Pressman
and has nothing to do with web surfing. Been gaming online since BF1942, ah the good old days eh.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Metalmechanic

• Motocross Admin
  • Informer
    • View Profile
Re: Whats in a Name
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:32:13 AM »
Right out of High School, I was taking some auto repair classes at the community college and needed a new e-mail address. I guess either smoked too many drugs and frogot the password to my old account or got too tired of the spam from giving it away to unsavory websites. So I randomly picked metalmechanic as my new screen name on MSN as I listened to Metal and was taking classes to be a mechanic.

Years later when my boss got me to buy BF2, I was trying to find a cool name but of course they were all taken. The game having been out for well over a year. So finally I just entered the name from my e-mail address. I wanted to change it for a long time but was unwilling to give up my horrible stats.

Originally I was going to be Countfah-Qla, but EA wouldn't allow it.

bearshit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 07:26:56 PM »
I am bearshit. I am working my way up at Shakeys Pizza and I really like the gaming stuff. Metalmechanic is my neighbour and he recommended this pile of gamers.

StallionFire

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • How You Doin?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 07:36:09 PM »
Well, when I was a teenager the kids used to call me Italian Stallion as they do to most Italians when joking around.  I was a teenager when the Movie Rocky came out so it was a big thing back in that time period.

So, I tried to come up with a gamer name and decided to use just Stallion but the name was obviously taken and if it was not taken on a new game it would be within the first day.

So, I put the word Fire at the end of it to reference firing a weapon or for speed in a racing game.

I put it together and made the name StallionFire.

So there you go.  And just to clarify,  I am not Stalin as in Joseph Stalin.  Sometimes people read it that way and I just let it go.  lol....

AlmightyWez

• FUBAR Mission Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:04:30 AM »
Took my name from one of the main villains in the movie The Road Warrior. His name is Wez but is referred to as Almighty Wez at one point, so I took that. When I first started gaming online with Quake 2 it was RedDevil, then went to Ronin for Day of Defeat in 2000.

xxxBONESxxx83

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
Metals mom gave me my name after a long night of dirty loven. I just added the xxx and the 83. But for real the I used the name BONES since I was a kid on console games and then added the xxx and the 83 to get it to work on the BF games.

DroolingMoron

• I am the Lord of morons, genuflect to my sillyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 07:17:07 PM »
Went by "Biker", for a while, in my earlier gaming days (I like to ride 'cycles, duh)... just didn't seem to fit me: while I am an avid motorcyclist, I don't fit the "standard" description of a 'biker'.

Was always amused at the overly-serious names some players take... decided I needed an anti-ostentatious name.
In the Celtic-American community, I am   widely known as "Amadan", which loosely translated, means 'fool'.
One thing lead to another, and "Drooling Moron" was born.
I figure it serves, at least, two purpose: everybody loves to kill a moron... and it humiliates just a bit more to be killed by one.
(plus it's a hoot when I piss someone off, and they call me a moron, in chat... kinda missed the boat on that one, didn't they?)

Translator, for the sarcastically impaired.
Generally silly man.
"Pog Mo Thoin, if ye nae don a kilt"

Booster

• BF4 Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:42 AM »
Hi I'm BoosterStevens in game however, most people call me Booster. I started out with this name way in the beginning and never looked back. I really just wanted a unique name that I know would never be taken. I have been with this crew since the end of desert combat.

cRiNkLeStAr

• Arma 2&3 Admin
  • Informer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »
Was StarlifterFE because I had been a Flight Engineer [Flight Examiner] on the C141B Starlifter cargo aircraft in the USAF. AKA ToxicDebt for a while after the Financial meltdown in 2008. Now I am cRiNkLeStAr because I've been called an asshole more times than I can count. :lol:

Really have been thinking of the following. We should vote on it.

Curmudgeon - Merriam-Webster Online
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/curmudgeon?
a person (especially an old man) who is easily annoyed or angered and who often complains. Full Definition of CURMUDGEON. 1. archaic : miser. 2. : a crusty ...

Should I continue with:

cRiNkLeStAr

or

cUrMuDgEoN

Metalmechanic

• Motocross Admin
  • Informer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 03:15:32 AM »
I vote StarlifterFE... No name changes allowed.

You're permitted to wear the the Tags [CAM], if you wish, because you're a crusty archaic miser.

DroolingMoron

• I am the Lord of morons, genuflect to my sillyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »
I concur with Metal

Translator, for the sarcastically impaired.
Generally silly man.
"Pog Mo Thoin, if ye nae don a kilt"

xpnl

• Informer
  • Thats Personal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
Back in the days....playing bf42 it was possible to have  one letter  as  a playername.
I started with a X...bit stupid so it became xp(nl) so far my silly story  8-)

Drowsy Genie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 09:32:31 PM »
My name is Drowsy Genie...but I started with the name Gooftroop, I got the name Gooftroop when I was like 7ish and my dad gave me a name for my Xbox 360 Account.  I wanted something "cool" like my dad's name Javageek and my brother's name Haconyc, so he gave me that name.  Fast forward 7 years and lots of different websites with the name Gooftroop slandered all over website's forums - and my Xbox Live account decided to never let me play on it again.  Tried to prove that I was indeed Gooftroop to Microsoft with no luck,  I would prove myself and 1 day later they would make me wait 12 hours for my identification form to process again.  Happened 5 times so my dad removed me from the Gold Family Pack and readded a new account.  I randomized my name several times and I got the name Drowsy Taco...  Didn't like the sound of it so I named myself Drowsy Genie.  

It leads to quite fun times when I hop in a server because they ask me for 3 wishes and I have to say "No, I am too tired to deal with such things"

I am 15 and been on the server for a couple of months now.  I might die frequently but I will usually take one or two down with me, I'm not the most patient of people.

Going-to-Die

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 03:52:35 PM »
Started out with some silly name (I think onehoyle), But the oldtimers will remember Makina.from the early 1942 days. She was a always spawning in front of my sniper rifle, with each kill she would write (your going to die) so I became Going to Die (Going: for short) and I miss those days. We had A lot of people from all over the world who would jam into teamspeak and ask for a opening on the server. Couldn't help but laugh at all stunts that were pulled on each and everyone.

SgtMelee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »
Hmmmm...  I used to go by !InTeNsE! however some smart guy took my name.  Then games wouldn't let me utilize the "!" in the character name.  I struggled for a while and came up with m00snukl but my friend liked it and he used that one.  So back to square 1, I then went with droolcup but that wasn't good enough!  So I went to the instruction manual and kept seeing "Melee" referred too.  Let's face it what is better than a melee?  I love punching people and getting punched, to be part of a group of people who love the same thing is a dream come true.  So I went with my military rank of E-5 and Waaalaaaa  SgtMelee it is!