Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What version are you playing?  (Read 1451 times)

Skizioli

• View Profile
What version are you playing?
« on: April 04, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
Ive been wanting to try DayZ for awhile now and seeing as DM has their own group id like to group up and try it out. What version are you playing? the addon to Arma2, or the standalone? Also what all do I need to begin?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

AlmightyWez

• FUBAR Mission Leader
    • View Profile
Re: What version are you playing?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »
Its the Arma 2 Dayz Epoch Mod. So you want to make sure you have the most up to date versions of DayZ, Arma 2:Operation Arrowhead and Epoch through DayZ Commander. Once all of those are up dated you should have no problem joining the server.

Skizioli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 09:56:50 PM »
ok cool, ill start on that tomorrow, also will be looking into a team to play with. I kind like the hero play style but I know also the bandit seems easier, what are your thoughts?

AlmightyWez

• FUBAR Mission Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »
Quote from: "Skizioli"
ok cool, ill start on that tomorrow, also will be looking into a team to play with. I kind like the hero play style but I know also the bandit seems easier, what are your thoughts?

Both have their pros and cons but most people on the server are bandits now. So if you go the hero route, you'll be one of the few.

Digdug

• Prophet of Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
Bandits have the luxury of not having to worry about shooting heroes/survivors but do have to worry about excessive bandit/zombie killing as it can raise their negative humanity. Heroes have the exact opposite problem basically, not having to worry about killing bandits/zombies but needing to watch their fire around heroes/survivors lest their humanity be brought down by around 1000 a murder (bandit murders only grant 250 I believe). As Wez said it's all pros and cons although I like the hero perks more than the bandit's, but then again I may be biased :mrgreen: If I were to make a suggestion, I'd say hero if your interest lies more in building/scavenging/team support and bandit if you're more into good old-fashioned murder.